Sunday, September 20, 2009

How am I doing on Savella? An update.

It was pointed out to me that I left y'all hanging as to how it's going now that I've reached the full 100mg dose of Savella. I've been on it full fledged for almost two weeks now, and I seem to be doing... pretty well. The terrible fatigue I was having seems to have petered out, despite the fact that I working like a madwoman. In fact, yesterday after (9 hours of) work I went out! Like, into the city, with people, to be social! Can you believe it? I kind of can't.

As far as pain goes, well, I'm not running any marathons or anything. I'm not a whole new person. Last weekend I was having some pretty terrible sciatica - possibly backlash from having stretched for many days in a row like a good little girl and then abruptly stopping the stretching because work overwhelmed me? Hard to say. I actually didn't leave the house the whole weekend, because that particular type of pain makes walking, well, a real pain. :P BUT. I seem to be back to a manageable baseline, which is always and forever the goal. I have been back to work for three weeks now and haven't had to call in, have barely even been late. Is that because of the Savella? Who knows. Maybe. It's not making things worse, though, which is a relief, and it might be helping.

I'm actually sort of excited about something that I noticed happening on Saturday. I woke up (early - about 8 - that's been happening lately) and wanted to get up and do things. I cooked an apple cinnamon oatmeal breakfast from scratch. Simple but very yummy. Then I spent a few hours blogging. Then I dragged Jonathan into the city, and kept him out all day: we checked my P.O. box on 14th street, had lunch and mid-day dessert in Brooklyn, stopped by Union Square, and went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got a crock pot which I'm super excited about! But really. We were out all day. That's something we haven't been able to do in quite a while; a huge change for me, and a change for the better in a big way. And I can't help but feel that it has something to do with having a more appropriate level of serotonin in my brain...

I have some updates for you about taking Savella (milnacipran) and Ultracet (tramadol) together, but that can wait for a minute. Suffice it for now to say, please don't do it!

Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment