Monday, August 24, 2009

Dr. Feelgood.

Ten little monkeys, jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his head. Went to the doctor and guess what he said? That's what you get for jumping on the bed!

That's sort of what I feel like right now. Not that my doc wasn't sympathetic to the pain that I'm in. But he was kind of like, well what did you expect? And I suppose he's right. As disconcerting as these things are, I really can't be surprised when they happen, can I?

Granted, in his office I was more overwrought than seemed warranted by the situation. This is because of the acute pain I've been in since Saturday night. It's somewhat abated now, back to something duller and more bearable. But it's left me weak and tired. It's also been really hard to eat anything, which isn't helping my emotional stability.

I went through it all with the doc, and he came to the same conclusions that I'd already reached: that I'm in a prolonged flare up, that life is no longer manageable in my present state, and that we must do something. And what is that something? Well, we're going to try the Savella. He gave me sample packs that are set up in a two week titration - that is, I'll start on two daily doses of 12.5 mg and end up on 2 doses of 50mg. He also gave me a prescription for a pain medication, one that I don't remember having tried before. I haven't filled it yet, because I never start two new medications at once. If something's going to make me ill I want to know which one it is.

So here's hoping this does some good. As soon as I'm able (that is, as soon as this acute flare is finished having its way with me), I'm going to start to build some kind of stretching regimen. It's not new territory for me; I just haven't done it in a while. Right now though I'm fairly well tethered to bed, and there's not much bending going on since the pain is focused in my abdomen.

Grrr. Body. I suppose I have to have one. Sometimes I wonder if it's more trouble than it's worth? Hmm, wonder what my other options are. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment